Braggin on a rifle and it's not even mine

Mobuck

Several years back, I gave my older Son a Mauser action and 280 Rem barrel. He had it assembled and set it in a B&C synthetic stock with a Burris mid-priced 3-9 scope on top.
The package has always been pretty accurate and stable. This year (for the third year in a row) his pre-season prep has been: sit down and shoot one round. The POI has been spot-on every time. A second shot with another 140 grain load(different brand, type, and construction of bullet) is within 1". Good enough for the purpose. Actually, how could you expect more?

i have two rifles the will put two shots into a 1" at 200ydrs, first shot from a cold clean barrel and the second shot from a dirty cold barrel. they are no going anywhere, both have syn stocks and good scopes with loads i worked up for each. eastbank.

Yeah the old Mauser actions make great rifles. Probably the nicest rifle in my safe is a Turkish Mauser action with a .257 Roberts barrel in a custom Myrtle wood stock. Absolutely beautiful and a tack driver. They're not quite buttery smooth like some modern guns but aside from that they're perfect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back