bp rifle info

dr1445

i am trying to decide on bp rifle, might go traditional [experinced] might go modern, of which i have no experience. inline stuff is closer to my price range, i plan to paper punch only, 50 cal for lead bullet availability [hornady great plains], and ease of clean up. currently looking at knight lk-93‘s, thompson black diamond and impact, but leaning toward the impact. looking for pros and cons.

i already had a sidelock, so i know what that is all about, might want to try something different. still thinking on it and looking for info on inlines only at this time.

The best value in an inline is the T/C Omega Z5. It is the plain Jane version of the Omega (blued finish and plastic stock). They can be had for less than $200 if you catch the right sale at Walmart. The one I had shot better than my $700 Encore.

My first choice would be a T/C Omega blued having a black composite stock. Not their Z-5 model. Or perhaps a Accura. But then again its fun to shoulder & look around at all of them.

i do not think you can find a new t/c anything omega for $200 today, impacts are in the 250 range new. maybe i will come across a used one, i will add it to my list if i can find one for the right price.

DR, you're right. I just checked around online and the price of those things has jumped. I remember buying mine a few years ago at Wallyworld for $200. Then, right after deer season ended, they were selling them for $185. Just last year I was seeing them at Wallyworld for about $225 or so.

If you can afford to wait a few months, I've seen Walmart mark down their unsold muzzleloaders of all brands every year after hunting season ends.

i am just back from the local gun shops, the used stuff was kinda ugly the lowest $ on a omega was 350 with a 3x9 bushnell, blued with plenty of feckles [sp?] and the nut for the breech plug was well rounded. i could not see to far down the bore, but sure the omega is now on my list. i liked the way it functions and handles.

i am leaving for the philippines in few days for a month, alas i have to put off bidding till i get back in dec when i can renew my search. just now i am gathering info, but thanks for the link. as you suggested i might be better of to wait till jan 2015.

Back