Boyds Stocks

NHSHOOTER

I bought a Tikka T3 lite last fall and wanted to get a boyds thumbhole stock for it, they make one for the T3 but not the lite, I filled out a product request form and today I got a call from Boyds. Thinking they were calling to tell me they were now making my stock I was pleased, well, that was not the case. They were calling to ask me if they could use my rifle as a pattern to make the stocks for the T3 lite, all I have to do is box it up and send it to them, they pay shipping both ways. In return for them using my rifle, I get a free stock of my choice. I am not writing this to brag. I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else here or have you heard of this before? They told me this is how the get firearms to get patterns for new stocks. Sounds reasonable to me..
Anyone care to voice your opinion?

Never heard of it happening but I'd consider it only slightly lower than winning the lottery.:)

They make a great product at an almost unbelievable price. Getting it for free is unreal.

I'd probably do it but I'd want them to give me a reasonable guarantee regarding how long they'd have my rifle and when I'd receive the new stock. I'd also want a guarantee that the rifle and original stock are returned unmarred.

What luck !!!

Great and now I know how they get such a perfect fit. I have four of theire stock and the last one dropped in, "perfect". Although I have never heard of how they make get their fits and makes sense. They are really good folks to work with.. ... ;)

good cover story for an assassin. pull your bolt before you send the rifle
Call them but I strongly suspect that you will need to send your bolt as well. Not only that, but I feel you would want them to have it, to eliminate any problems. They are willing to work with you, to your gain .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

They sent me a email stating that they must have the bolt and the magazine. I agree, I have one of their stocks on my ruger Hawkeye and I love it, it too was a drop in fit. I will be getting one of the first off the line which I am sure will fit my rifle perfectly, now to decide just which one I want, more than likely it will be the thumbhole/ with engraved initials.:D

Getting better, all the time !!!

now to decide just which one I want, more than likely it will be the thumbhole/ with engraved initials.
Well heck yes. All my laminates are thumbhole stock and on "this" one, I'd go with the initial of something to remember. .... ;)

Also, talk to them as they may also want you to include any associated hardware and plates. .... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

Man, maybe I should start putting in requests for all of my guns they may not offer a stock for.;)

Box that thing up and send it off. I am a big fan of Boyds' stocks. They have to be one of the best values in the entire firearms industry.

NHS: Marlin used the stock from my Camp 9 for a pattern and they gave me a free laminated stock for my Camp 9.

Ain't you a lucky man !! Might want to call a double check but send the bolt as they will want to be sure the bolt drop fits right too. Pull the fireing pin if you worry. Remember boyds makes all of savage's wood and laminate stocks and for other firearm companies , even for other stock companies.

Back