Boyds Gunstocks

Wallyl

Anyone have a discount code for Boyds that they can share---I need a wood stock for a Savage Axis as the factory plastic stock flexes way too much.

Thanks!

Gotta be careful using Dr. Google to fix your discount code woes. I have had butt-turrible luck doing just this!! Boyd's are reasonably priced to begin with. I customized an At-One for my Mauser, and with all the added accessories like the overmolded grip panels and the picatinny rail toe piece, with shipping??? $318. That can hardly be beat. I even tried a ProMag stock first, and I liked it, I really did, but the logistics brought on by the sham-demic made getting replacement or original parts (that were supposed to be in the package but weren't) a bleedin' nightmare. So I returned that and bought the Boyd's. Only things I had to do to it were cut the bolt channel and open the barrel channel for the fat pipe I had put on it.

Just need to glass bed it, too. But that can be done in the garage. Sometimes you'll get lucky in their "Rapid Fire" section. Discounted parts that someone either ordered and returned/cancelled, or excess runs they are trying to sell off. I got some parts in that section and am beyond satisfied.

If I come across one, I will come back and post it. Also, try adding one of those browser additions, I use HONEY for online shopping. It finds discounts FOR you.

What's in your wallet?
I don't know if anyone has tried the Capital One discount app.
Might work, might not.
Might get you kicked off of Capital One for daring to buy a firearms related item.
I'm not sure of their stance on such things.

I have noticed the prices have recently gone up at Boyds. Not a great shocker.
Their Spike Camp went from $123 to $159.

Credit card companies have been bad with the politics. Chase and JP Morgan are on the KoolAid.

But in all honest, $36 increase on a lifetime part that you'll buy once in the lifetime of the gun?? Over, say, 100 years?? $0.36 more isn't that bad. It is, as you said, expected.

Only going to go up, too.

I found a good solution--buy it from

pticsplanet.com/boyds-hardwood-gunstocks-prairie-hunter-savage-axis-detachable-short-action-rifl.html?_iv_code=2QQ-RK-PHSADSARS-43A374D18111

Optics Planet, in my experience lists items as "in stock" when they aren't, offers a great price then sits on orders for a LOOONG time before ever shipping.

I've had great luck with Optics Planet everything arrived within 2 weeks. Stocky's Stocks has been a different story, 6 month wait on a couple "in stock" B&C rifle stocks.

Ordered four(4) out of the last five boxes of .264/140 gr. TSX-BT from Optics Planet.

On-line Inventory adjusted after the sale to one, and they showed up w/o a hitch about four days later.

Found a 10% CC on CouponChief.

Red

On my 4th Boyd's. 2 for a model 10 and 2 for a model 11.

The model 10 the first stock was a Varmint Thumbhole. Didn't like the feel so I then went to a Spikecamp Thumbhole. Working very well.

The model 11 first was an At-One Thumbhole that originally was a 243 with a Varmint barrel 223 waiting to be installed. It too shot well. Only when I finally broke it apart to swap barrels I found a delamination between the mag well inletting and the trigger inletting.

Boyd's was gracious enough to warranty it and replace it. Great job Boyd's! It is now back in service and shooting great.

Back