Boyd's Gun Stock problem/question

Apsotle13

Inactive
I ordered a Boyd's gun stock for my Savage 10/110 Trophy Hunter .223 rifle and installed it on Christmas Day. However I can't insert the 4 round box magazine because, well, it looks like a metal piece is missing from the gun stock.

I've attached a picture of the bottom of the stock where the magazine would be inserted. As you can see the cutout for the magazine looks raw, there's nothing for the magazine box to "attach" to.

I have a call in to them but perhaps someone here can help while I wait for their call.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Boyd's Stock 1.jpg
    Boyd's Stock 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 150
The Boyd's stock is designed to use parts from the original stock.
If you had a synthetic stock that did not have a separate metal frame or 'floor plate' for the magazine, you'll need to obtain one.

Yes, they do state that though its not obvious what they mean unless you are into Savages and the new plastic parts bottom release issue.

I actually converted mine to top release with no magazine (single shot with a block of wood in there!

Solvable

The last time I switched from a synthetic to a Boyds, for a model 25, I had to buy additional hardware from Boyds and Midway. You will first have to define this with Boyds and I "know" they will help you. Really wasn't a big problem and it was anticipated. ...... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Thanks for the info. Do you know the exact name of the part I need, and do you think Boyd's carries it? If not, who would?

Savage can sell you the necessary parts.

If you don't want to pay the price(s) that Savage demands, then used parts places are likely to have what you need (such as Numrich Gun Parts).

I don't know the exact nomenclature. It should be easy to find, if you look at a schematic or exploded diagram.

Contact Boyd's tech support. ... Good folks

Do you know the exact name of the part I need, and do you think Boyd's carries it? If not, who would?
No sir, I do not as it changes from model to model. Boyds has a "Hardware" section to support. I would contact Boyds, for starters. Before I placed my order, I spoke to their tech support and they told me what I needed for my stock. They were short, one fastener and had to buy that from Midway but I suppose Brownell would have been a good source as well. ...... :)

You have a short-action Model-10. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Got it!

Part fit perfectly! I love the stock but wish Boyd's would provide more info on the additional part that was needed.

Attachments

• 223 part v.jpg
    223 part v.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Savage 223 v.jpg
    Savage 223 v.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 75
Part fit perfectly! I love the stock but wish Boyd's would provide more info on the additional part that was needed.

Good!

BOYDS: I thought so too, but keep in mind if you look at their list how many thousands of just stocks they have to keep up with.........................

Then assess the price. We get to do our own leg work.

Back