Boycott of business

larry_minn

. Was at local Carquest store and held the door for a older couple. "Cold windy day" Well I noticed a 3" X 3" notice that only active duty LEO were allowed to carry firearms inside the store. It caught me off guard. I had parts costing $150 and $43 that I had called to see if they had. "did not special order them" So I turned around and went to NAPA "almost same price" I called carquest and was told company policy can't do anything about it. Anyone know the address/phone/e-mail of corperate offices??
Anyone have a list w/email address of companies that have such stupid rules.
Ticked me off. They don't want law abiding people in their store. .

Just a quick question on this one. Was the sign an official posting stating the statute banning CCWs from carrying on the premises? If not they may be in violation of the law.
I am only going from what I know of Texas law, so please elaborate a little more. Your state law may vary, but it was good that you chose to take your business elsewhere.
Hopefully you let the store management know why, and if they are posting this no CCW in violation of your state law, you can do something about it.

Here's what you do with places like this: Go in, grab a cart or basket, and shop till it's laden with the most expensive stuff you can cram in it. Have it all rang (rung?) up, and then when the clerk presents you with the obscene grand total, you say something like "Oh, I just realized you don't allow CCW here. I'll have to buy all this stuff at another store." Then you walk out.
http://www.carquest.com/

CARQUEST CORPORATION
Corporate Headquarters
12596 W. Bayaud Avenue
Suite 400
Lakewood, Colorado 80228

To submit online comments:
http://www.carquest.com/custform.htm

It appears that these forms go to the address cq1515@aol.com, if for some reason you don't want to use the form.

[This message has been edited by deanf (edited January 07, 2000).]

Finally got a response from carquest.

Thanks for taking the time to send your comments about the CARQUEST Store in Sauk Centre, Minnesota. There are more than 2,500 different owners of the 3,800 CARQUEST stores in North America, and each owner sets their own policies in matters such as this. I'm sorry that this store's policy has cost them your business. I will forward your message on to this store's owner, so that they will understand your position.
Pete Kornafel
President
CARQUEST Corporation

Well I checked at the carquest I normally go to. No sign and only a high school gal working so I didn't ask. Funny how when I called Sauk Centre they said it was a corperate level deal and the pres says it is a store issue. Me thinks someone is mistaken. "just to be polite"
Sent them a reply will see if any more info. I will try to take some pictures next time I am up in that area. "maybe even talk to them in person if they dare come out on the streets" :) :) :):

larry_minn, I'll lay you odds that it is either (1) a store owner without the juevos to admit his own policy, or (2) an ignorant clerk that didn't know or didn't care about the truth behind the policy. These days it is easy to blame 'headquarters', 'our insurance company', the 'FDA' or who knows what.

No guts, no glory ... ;) I'd send the message to the store owner.

I recently was in two of local CarQuest stores here. One had no sign, the other had a sign which read in large letters "NO FIREARMS PERMITTED" and underneath is small type (I had to look close to read it) "Except for Law Enforcement Officers or those legally licensed to carry concealed"
Since I have my CCL I went on in.

Back