Bowen Sights

Andy1

I have a Ruger Single Ten and I don't like the Willims fiber optic sights that come from the factory. I found a Chuck Hawks article about improving Ruger rimfire sights and I ordered the parts from Brownell's. But I don't know what to do about the rear sight. I was going to order a factory rear sight with the V-notch blade, but I've read a bunch of online reviews that the factory blades are terrible. Numerous reports the white post isn't even centered on the blade.

I have no experience with Bowen sights, but they seem to be the only other option. Before I drop $100 on a rear sight can anyone advise me if this is a good investment or a waste of money.

I would plan to order the Bowen Rough Country V sight. The front sight is a dovetail base with a 1/16th white pin.

I have a Bowen square notch rear sight. Mr. Bowen installed it about 20 years ago. It's a nice bit.

I have no experience with the V notch. It's up to you if $100 is too dear to part with for a Single 10. Ebay is your friend, you could get a ruger V rear sight for $33. If you buy the Bowen, you know nothing in the universe is significantly better.

Back