Bowen Classic Arms/Freedom Arms?

valkabit6

I have a FA in .454 Casull. I'm considering having a Blackhawk done by Bowen. Does anyone have both? How does Bowen's work compare to FA?

Bowen modifies existing guns, Freedom makes entire guns.

Not really the same apple/apple.

Bowen's work is first class, though, that much I can say.
Denis

Yeah I know they're different, just curious how a gun modified by Bowen compared to a Freedom Arms as far as fit & finish etc.

I have a Super Redhawk in .44 mag, I was thinking of having it converted to the .475 Linebaugh.

That is a lot of gun for a .357 BigJim, I thought my Blackhawk in .357 was over kill:eek:

Thanks, I like it a lot ...and .357 Mag is my favorite caliber...so that's why I had it made in .357..../ but yes, its a very soft shooting gun because of the weight in that caliber...

I'll go out on a limb and say you might get a more reliable gun with the Ruger/Bowen route. My F/A (model 97/357) has broken springs twice in 12 years and the tight tolerances have caused sand/grit to hang up the action on many occasions.
It's far and away the most accurate handgun I've owned, especially when scoped, the trigger is superb, but I dream of a Bowen custom GP100 for serious uses.

Maybe 10 years ago I bought a Freedom Arms in 44 Mag . I sent it back once to have the gun worked on (it was less than a month old?

So any firearm can have a problem price makes little difference .
What does make a difference it how it is handled . The people at FA called me three time asking if I was happy with the work and the gun .

I bought two FA guns that year and still have them great guns big price .

I bought a .357 50th Anniversary when they first came available. I was very impressed with the gun as it came out of the box. I decided to send it off to BCA for their Classic Western Conversion along with the Deluxe Tune upgrade. I also had them hand lap the barrel and modify the front sight. My friends nick named the gun "Kalabunga". I have only held and checked out two Freedom Arms but I can tell you this guns action and trigger were much better than the Freedom Arms guns I held.

Back