Bound Log Book missing

rgillis

I need some guidance. I've had my Curio Relic License for a number of years and have renewed at least twice. Until this week I had only made one acquisition a MKVI Webley.

This week I purchased a P64 and went to retrieve my log book to enter the recent purchase, only to find that the box that contained my log book along with the all contents was missing. It seems that the box had been water damaged some time ago and it, along with its contents were thrown out :eek:

I do not recall which dealer I purchased the Webley from or even the date the purchase was made. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Many thanks

You can let your license lapse and end the record requirement.

Or, take a sheet of paper, enter as much as may be remembered about the Webley, including serial number, and approximate year of purchase, then put it in a binder as your new record. Leave vendor blank, you may remember it later.

Then don't fret about it anymore. BATF is not going to waste time and effort inspecting the records of a collector who has reported one purchase and no sales over several three-year terms.

Don't make up a vendor name or falsify an entry. A note that the original record has been lost is OK, stuff happens. But a false entry is lying on an official record and not good at all.

Kilimanjaro is correct; ATF has more to worry about than a lost record on an ancient revolver.

Jim

I do not recall which dealer I purchased the Webley from or even the date the purchase was made. Any thoughts on what I should do?

I have no suggestion. You purchased one revolver and you do not remember where you got it.

F. Guffey

If you license lapses this is no longer a problem. You can also surrender your license. I did so when leaving the country for extended periods in the past. You can re-apply at any point in the future.

I would certainly note the lost information immediately in a new binder with your new acquisition included.

Don't know for sure on curio and relic license, but if you surrender any other license, you will have to send your record books to BATFE. Ralph

Don't know for sure on curio and relic license, but if you surrender any other license, you will have to send your record books to BATFE. Ralph

Not a requirement for a C&R FFL.

So, you don't have a problem with BATF, but since you can't remember where you bought your only C&R pistol in six years, you do need to eat more bananas for the potassium and start doing crossword puzzles. That will really help. :D

Back