Bound Book Software

wilsoni91

Inactive
I just got my C&R and was wondering if I can use Excel for my bound book to track my firearms? If not what free software can I use that is ATG compliant?

So basically if I am understanding the document I can use Excel as long as I have all the information they are looking for along with a notes section to track any changes to the log.

I printed a bound book and put it in a binder. Been using it for about 12 years now, and am only on page 4. Electronic can be a bit tricky, because there's little evidence of tampering. But, I've never been audited in all that time either. Doubt I ever will.

wilsoni91 said:
So basically if I am understanding the document I can use Excel as long as I have all the information they are looking for along with a notes section to track any changes to the log.
And as long as you satisfy the requirement for regular, periodic backups of the electronic data. If you maintain your original file on "the cloud" (Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or some such cloud storage service), the service will keep the data backup up. If you maintain the file on your computer, you will have to make regular backups to something to ensure that a computer crash doesn't wipe out your entire record.

Back