Bought Steyr AUG :)

Firepower!

Bought fully automatic AUG a few days back but it was finally registered on my license and delivered today. I must say that it is jusy amazing weapon. I am not sure why its not the 5.56 of the choice.

Will post pictures soon.

Yes mate, you guys picked up the right weapon. Its way ahead of its time. Until one holds it, fires it, one does not realize how good this weapon actually is.

I wouls hardly say they are the 5.56 of choice in Australia. Where noone can own automatic rifles. But they are a very capable rifle i've carried one for several years and you can't fault them. They are quite heavy compared to equivilent rifles such as M4's and the like. But they are very accurate. Let us know how you go with it.

Today, I fired 6 full loads through it. Really appreciated and thought money well spent.

Tomorrow or later tonight, I will try to post some pictures.

It costs an arm and a leg. On the other hand I daresay it's worth the money. Had an opportunity to shoot a Steyr AUG Z (civilian version, semi-auto). In my opinion its ergonomics are superb.

In-ability to shoot off hand around cover is the largest drawback.

Yes it's a drawback. So far (thankfully) I haven't encountered a situation when I needed to shoot a rifle around the corner off-hand (left-handed). Even in the Army. In fact, I don't recall ever shooting a rifle around the corner right-hand either. And if I really needed to shoot around the corner while having an AUG rifle - I'd switch to my secondary weapon for that.

So again - a superb weapon! I would make it my weapon of choice (perhaps I will - it's only a matter of money :)).

steyr

i have had the pleasure of firing 2 different semis. they made a believer out of me. the weight is the only draw back for me. a full auto would put this old man in hog heaven but price wise it aint and probably never will be in the cards. i made some shots at 300 yrds that even i found hard to believe.

Smenkhare i know that they have been standard issue for the last twenty years. But still doesn't say they are the 5.56 of choice they are just what our military are issued. I wish we actually could have the opportunity to possess automatic rifel but we can't. Anyway filling thread with silly arguments is something that annoys me alot so let's just agree to disagree.
Cheers :)

Interesting choice

If I were in Pakistan, I would have gone with a G36 (personal preference), although AUG is awesome as well. Have fun and don't forget to post the piccies.

I got a chance to shoot a three-round burst model back in '93. I felt that the front was really light, making it hard for me to stay on target when firing a burst. I didn't like the ejection port right at my ear, either. My ears were ringing something fierce, even with earplugs in. It's a fine weapon if you like it though, just not my cup of tea.

Some pictures of my AUG

IMGP2986.jpg

IMGP2987.jpg

IMGP2988.jpg

IMGP2989.jpg

IMGP2990.jpg

IMGP2991.jpg

Back