Bought me a new toy

mrcooper

Inactive
Got a Savage in 308 with the acc. trigger and acc. stock, have not shot it yet. am going to the range tomorrow,
I have a question and am going to contact Savage today about their acc. trigger it came with a 3# trigger and I could only adjust it down to 2 1/2 # don't they advertise that it will go down to 6 oz???

I don't know what the minimum weight was but I do know I increased the pull weight on mine up to about 3 pounds. It was scarey light coming out of the box.

You might do some checking over at the Savage Shooters website. Good chance of finding an answer there.

That being said, which model did you get? I've been shooting a Model 10 FPC HS Precision for about a year now and really enjoy it.

The one that goes to 6oz is the precision target action, it has a red trigger shoe. 6oz is ruff even on that action, closing the bolt can trip the sear, I had to dial about 1 lb into mine to avoid this, unless you intend to keep it on the bench you do not want 6 oz.

I gave up on the accu-trigger on mine and went with a $90 trigger setup from SharpShootersSupply it's fully adjustable for creep,overtravel and weight adjustable from 12ounce to 2lb and is one of the nicest triggers I've ever used. they also make an EVO model but have no exp with that

My 10 FP came from the factory at 2 lbs 11 oz measured with a Lyman digital scale. Two others (10 FCP and 10 FPC-K) came from the factory within 1 oz of mine.

I adjusted mine FP down to 1 lb 6 oz and still had more to go.
However, after shooting it a bit, I felt uncomfortable with it so light and I adjusted it up to 2 lbs even. It shoots beautifully at 2 lbs.

Back