bought a PSA dagger sight unseen... oops

tahunua001

so I'm not normally all that big on glocks, but I sort of succumbed to the art of the impulse purchase by purchasing a PSA dagger glock 19 clone without ever having handled one before. I don't know if it's because my hands have gotten a bit fat since the last time I held a glock, or if the dagger does something differently but it actually feels pretty decent in my hand and the stippling while aggressive, isn't so obnoxious as the M&Ps of yesteryear... and probably now, I don't know haven't felt the need to subject myself to one in a few years.

anyway, it's a suppressor ready version so it has very high sights, and threaded muzzle so I'm sure finding a holster for this thing is going to be a treat but that's not what I'm writing about. everything on this thing is stiff. the slide release/lock, the mag release, the trigger... it's all apparently designed for someone with the finger strength of a champion thumb wrestler. so now that I own this thing... I would be happy to consider recommendations from you folks.

1. who makes holsters for these? I assume they are just different enough from a glock 19 that the holsters might not work, plus the suppressor sights and threaded barrel probably don't help. I don't think I will be bothering with CC, my XDM elite with a trigger job and RO9 compact are both way better for that purpose. just a nice outside waistband holster for open carry would be ideal, and since this is a glock, no safety and all, I would prefer to stay away from soft leather just so I don't pull a Tex.

2. is there anything I can do to smooth this thing out? does it loosen up with use? I'm not a gun smith and don't really feel too comfortable with significant modifications or anything too crazy.

I have one.

The controls and trigger loosen up with use. Mine was considerably smoother after I put a few hundred rounds through it. I'm not sure who makes holsters for them because I don't carry mine.

If the threaded barrel causes any problems with finding a holster, you can get an aftermarket barrel for cheap. I got a standard-length barrel for 29.99 from somewhere (can't remember), and it has worked fine the few times I've used it. On my threaded barrels, I usually replace the thread protector with a mini compensator because it looks better.

I always get my odd-ball and lefty holsters on Amazon and Optics Planet. Usually lots of choices, and you're just basically looking for a lightly modified Glock holster.

Back