Bought a Para Ordnance P13

TooTech

P13 in blued steel. Haven't been to the range to shoot it yet.

I haven't had a .45 since I sold my Colt 70-series in the 80's to buy a SIG P226 (no regrets!); but I caught the Para Ordnance bug from a friend.

Will I be happy?

And just WHAT is the finish Para Ordnance put on their blued steel frames? Has kind of a bronze tone under the blue.

Thanks!

Will you be happy?

I imagine you will. While I do not have the P-13, I do have the P-12 Limited. Mine is an alloy frame, and is a great CCW package. Yours will have a bit more heft to it, but I think you will be pleased with the shootability.

Were you able to get any Hi Cap mags, or coupons to get additional Hi Cap Mags?

That had always been an advantage of the Para Ordnance guns, Higher Capacity than other 1911 variants ie: Colt Officers model, Commander Model.

With the 10 rd limit, One marketing ploy of the Para has slowly gone away, as available Hi cap mags dry up.

Kimber has kinda stolen the lime light in recent couple years. I have no experience with kimber, but my Paraordnance works just dandy for me.

Good Luck. Give us a range report when you can.

Regarding the bluing,,,,,I am not sure, but the blueing has a nice tone to it, and mine ...so far is very durable.

Tree.

P-12/45 Ltd

Got two and love them. Also bit the bullet and was able to secure 12 hi-caps for the twins.

I can assure you that you will fall in love with the Para.

On Duty Carry

I am fortunate that I can carry my P13 in plainclothes, which I do with GREAT confidence in the piece. This is my second P13, my 4th Paraord pistol. I have been carrying semi-autos for over 35 years, and I do have a couple of the "wonder guns" in my stash. I would recommend the Para, and particularly the P13 to anyone who is comfortable carrying a SA pistol for CCW or duty.

Para owner.

I have a P-14 ltd, and enjoy this pistol, my only bitch is with the adjustable sites provided with this weapon.

I would rather have a set of non- adjustable combat sites, [Hienie slant pro straight eights] nite sights on this particular pistol.

This weapon is extremely accurate and reliable a must with a duty or ccw carry gun.

TooTech I have a P-16 Limited that is a tack driver, a P-12 Limited that I just finished working on and its a super nice pistol and the P-13 I just bought is the Two-Tone model and I also just sent in my certificate for the two high cap mags. The P-13 will get a ext. beavertail grip safety, a long black King's trigger and Wilson Combat nightsites. I have only put about 250 rounds through the P-13 but it looks like a keeper for sure. I also have a stainless steel P-12 for sale, loaded with extras for $500.

Back