Bought a BFR today

Kaboom

One of Magnum Researches fine little gentle firearms. Pleasant 45/70 caliber. This thing is very easy on hands and arms. Slight roll but very calm. Shot 300 gr. and 405 gr. factory loads and they both feel about the same. Now comes the fun of finding the load it likes the best. Oh the dreary things we firearm owners have to put up with.

I think this thing will take anything you want to feed it. With just a ten inch barrel the heavy rifle loads would probably be wasted. Have to do a little bullet, powder, and crony stuff but it is going to be a real fun big bore.

Kin ye git it in a snubby, for concealed carry ? :)

Used to want to shoot a 45/70 wheelgun, got over it.

Sam

Now I am waiting for a .444 (?) Marlin revolver.

Seriously, how heavy was that beast to handle recoil?

Congratulations on your new gun. Tell us how it wears in.

It weighs 4.3 pounds. It is also chambered in .444 Marlin. The 4.3 is empty weight. Load it up and it is a tad heavier. Give me a while and some tinkering and we'll find out what it will do.

There's an article in the current issue of G&A on the BFR (June issue) In addition to .45-70 and .444 Marlin, it's also chambered in .45 Colt/.410 and .50 AE. The physical size & appearance is of a Ruger SBH except the frame is stretched to take the longer cylinder.
Kinda pricy but not too so. Retail is $999.00 but I've seen 'em between ~$750.00 and ~$950.00. It's one Big Fine Revolver for sure.

Back