Bore-Stores or other silicon socks - opinions?

Brancasterr

Inactive
Does anyone here have a positive or negative opinion on Bore-Store silicon cases?

Any other recommendations for silicon socks/cases?

Bore-Stores, I have 2 for long guns & one for pistol & really like them, have used them for about 12 + years.
Then I couldn't find a supplier for them & went to the tight fitting silicone gun socks from Midway (most have Midway logo on them), The price is better when purchased in 6 packs (or maybe it's a 8 pack) and they work great for slender non-scoped guns. They take up almost no additional room in my safes and it prevents dinging gun against gun when handling.
I wish they (the socks) came in shorter length for long guns & also a wider version for scoped guns. Total I probably have 50+ in use both long gun & pistols. Some of the socks are Allen branded & some are Midway, but they are same socks.
Can also get them at Walmart (green color) but they get about 4 or 5+ bucks each. Midway when on sale in multi packs are maybe 3 bucks ea.
I do like the Velcro closure on the Bore Stores and the fact they are loose fitting like an envelope and not stretch fitting like the socks for scoped guns, AR's etc.
That's my long answer to your short question...:(

I have used Allen socks for years. Have them for all my hand guns and long guns. Protects them from dinging one another in the gun safes and I can stack my handguns to give me more storage. They work great and are the first thing I get when I buy a new gun.

Thanks for the detailed response!

I actually noticed that Bore-Stores sells a lot of their cases on Amazon now. For some reason they discontinued them at Midway and other online retailers.

I purchased 3, they arrive today (THE POWER OF PRIME). We'll see how they do!

For some reason the silicone seems to try to vanish after awhile.
So I've taken to renewing it with spray silicone from the hardware store.
Other wise I've not discovered any of the commercial socks to be long lasting protection.
Maybe some, like the ones mentioned, are better than others, though.
Which ever one chosen should probably be checked once in awhile.

Back