Bore Snakes and pre bans

cjw

Does anyone have a boresnake? If so, do you like it ? Also I heard someone mention that the ban on "hi-caps" was to end in 2004. Is this true ?

Love my Bore Snakes! They're not a substitute for a thorough cleaning, but at the range for use between strings they're impossible to beat. I also use mine as the "finisher" after I'm done cleaning the barrel. Last thing I do before I put the gun away is to run the Bore Snake through.

And do a search on the 1994 Crime Bill. I think you'll find several enlightening threads.

Ban on standard capacity mags over 10 rounds sunsets. Up to us to keep our politicians and other criminals from extending the law.

Sam

question about boresnakes

i've got one for each wheelgun/calibre to use for cleaning from the breach. just wondering...

do you put any solvent on your snake or run it dry?

has anyone tried washing it yet, do you put it in anything before throwing it into the washer?...dark or whites :) :)

I usually wash mine in the bathtub then hang them up to dry.

And I sometimes spray a little Eezox on the brush prior to pulling it through.

Nothing beats them for shotguns, in the field. Does a great job of getting rid of that last little bit of mud, clinging in the barrel. Come on, you`ve never tripped, and said "aaahh-sh*t!"?;)

Back