Book for hunting-Moonstruck?

Anthony2

Does anyone know what this book is about? An older man told me he's been using a book with a title of Moonstruck, to determine when to hunt for the past 10 yrs and has never went home without a deer. Is this actually a book or am I just being fed a line of cow puckey?

i recoil when i hear works such as Never and Always.
i hunt when i can get in the woods. i would never pass on a great morning because the lunar times were wrong. nor wood i haul my butt out of bed on a blistering rainy day because the cycles were in my favor.
my point being that deer are pushed more by weather than the moon and the moon doesnt know its pouring outside or the wind is 25 mph.

Unless MoonStruck is written to cover Oklahoma deer season,it would be worthless to me.
I hunt legally, so I am forced to be in the woods when the Okla. Game Dept. says I can.
It's not a matter of WHEN is the BEST time,but a matter of When is the legal time.
I have had deer in my freezer for over 30 years, and I never had to have a book to tell me when to hunt.

There are a lot more products out there to catch the deer HUNTER, than to catch the deer.

Lunar cycles affect both fish and land critters. There are solunar tables which give the probably-most-likely days within each cycle, and the probable times of day.

These are affected by the weather, of course. For instance, deer commonly move around more and feed a lot, just before a winter storm blows in. When the wind is high, they'll stay bedded down, regardless of the moon's phase.

:), Art

I have the book and there is some good information on the moon phases and how certain animals react to them. As others have said though there are so many other factors that come into play. I have notice though that when the moon phases are in your favor and the weather is right I do seem to see more activity, it is just another piece to the puzzle. Some people use the times to plan hunting trips as to which week they should take off. The best time to hunt is whenever you have the time too.

30 years? Damn, its probably freezer burned by now.

lol, you KNOW what he meant. Yeah, I'd say that it's not a dumb question, but the answer is that figuring how how moon phases intereact with all the other variables to increase game activity, even if you could figure it out, is maybe 1 or 2% of the big picture. Scouting/Being in the right spot (when the season is on, and you have time off work), is 95%. The other few percentages are knowing your weapon, shooting well, and being still & quiet. So therefore, it's stomping on piss ants - probably a waste of money, UNLESS it's just for enjoyment reading to learn about nature/wildlife.

FF,
Zeisloft found me out, now I'm going to have to get that deer out of my freezer and give it away. Going to be a lot of trouble to have to go shoot another one though.:D

Back