Bolt stuck on my remington 770

nicolaih

Inactive
I just bought a remington 770 in 30-06. i took apart the bolt to clean it and when i reassemble it i could not get it to go back in to the rifle. i think i may have assembled it the wrong way becuase the firing pin is sticking out. i tried to take the bolt apart again but now it seems to be stuck. any help would be great!

I dont own a Remmi 700 but as far as I know 99% of all bolt-action rifles need a charged firing pin to get the bolt back into the gun.

The striker head should be nearly flush with rear end of the cocking piece. If the striker head is not flush with the rear of the cocking piece it is because the striker head is resting in the big deep notch of the bolt body. Turn the cocking piece until the striker head is in the small notch. The bolt will now enter the receiver.

Trust me...there's nothing wrong with your bolt other than the fact that the firing pin is in the fired position. The guys @ Remington can help you out. Call them.

Call Remington

Island 66 is wxactly right. Just call remington. I did the same thing but I didn't call remington. At least not at first, the whole episode ended in me breaking the bolt and needing to call Remington to order a new one...... At least the new bolt didn't have that stuid lock. :D

Jeo556

Back