bolt action rifle

chink

I have an ar-15 and a 1911A1 clone, now i'm loooking for a bigger caliber bolt action rifle, I was thinking to complete the whole military theme, get a Remington 700 in 308. what do you guys think. how much are Remington 700's going for? thanks

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

>I was thinking to complete the whole military theme<

Well, if you are going to complete the military theme with a Remington 700 in .308 you are talking a Sniper Rifle. A decked out M40A1 sans scope will cost approx $2K, give or take, depending on the maker. Add to that a dedicated scope and your are looking in the nieghborhood of $3K.

I know you can get a Rem 700 for a lot less but hey... YOUR the one that want a Military theme. :)

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Military theme, eh?

How about a 1903 Springfield? They are fairly expensive, but are a piece of US military history. Lee Enfield rifles can be had for around $100, also a piece of history (world history). Right now, Big 5 has Mosin Nagants for $49.

Were you looking for modern bolt guns?

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited April 22, 1999).]

I have had the Rem 700 LTR (Urban Tactical Rifle)which has just recently come out. It is a scaled down version of their 700P police sniper rifle and we use it for short range tactical situations. It has a fluted 20 inch barrel, a downsized HS Precision stock and is much lighter than my other M40A1. Fine accuracy after barrel break in, slightly under 1MOA at 100 yards. I do not personally like the detachable magazine and the trigger needs a once over by your local smithy.
Hope this helps.

The Remingtons were used only on a very limited basis as a sniper rifle. More representative pieces would be an M1, and M1A or a Model 1903 Springfield. Get them all, add a Krag, and you have a full century of U.S. military rifles. (Probably should add a Model 1917 as there were many more of those used in WW I than 1903's.)

Jim

Back