Bolt ACTION PISTOLS

mrt949

I See a few company's are making them.
I HAD a Renington XP100 Years ago sold it like a dumb butt
What do you think

I like them as they are fun to shoot

I HAD a Renington XP100 Years ago sold it like a dumb butt
What do you think
Let's just say your priorities had changed. I wish I had one and in general, have not seen any others that I didn't like. Although I don't have one, I always liked the Anschuts or however you say that. .... :)

I like them as they are fun to shoot and should be underestimated, ,,, ;)

Be Safe !!!

I spent several years waiting for the right XP-100 to come into my view. I didn't want one of the rebarreled "heavy" calibers and I didn't want one with a new (better??) stock. I wanted an original vent rib zytel nylon stock .221 Fireball, and I finally found one at a show some years back.

Got dies, a quantity of new brass and enough components I'm not concerned about ammo shortages and never did plan to buy any factory ammo, its price was barking stupid years BEFORE the ammo panicdemic...

My gun has a 2x scope, fits my hand well and the trigger pull is light, sweet and crisp. Accuracy is on a par with bolt action rifles, at least from my hands. Not letting that one get away, nor am I going to modify it, anytime soon.

I also have a couple of T/C Contenders, and about a dozen barrels from .22LR to .45-70. Fine single shots with great triggers, as well.

Safari arms made an electronic ignition on a single shot bolt action pistol back in the early ‘80s. I wasnt old enough to buy a pistol back then. But i sure wanted one. Dont even know if there are any out in the wild today… but id be interested if the price was reasonable.

I had a Rem XP100R for a while. Just too long and unwieldy for anything other than a bench rest. It was way more accurate than I was. I just didn't have any real need for it (since I really wanted a hunting pistol and my type and location of hunting didn't fit).

Who made that single shot pistol that had a rotating cannon breach block? I had one in .223 and it was a 1/2 MOA shooter with handloads. The ergonomics were great and I think it came in 308 as well as other Center fire calibers.

44,I think it was IMI.

I have a MOA Maximum. Its a falling block,a hog leg grip,a 14 in heavy bbl in .260 Rem.

It shoots good. If I sit down,lean back on my left elbow,raise my right knee and use it for a rest...I can get 200 yard clay bird steady.

Was a time (long gone) I could draw a pronghorn tag then put in for leftover tags. It was possible to take up to three.

I never did. But once I took my rifle antelope,switching to the handgun made things more interesting. Generally,I went with "One is enough",

I have 3 Contenders, 25-35, 357 max and 44 mag.
I had a 243 Stryker and couldn't get past the bulk.
Terrible trigger too.
I would like an original XP100 221.

I've shot a 6mmBR XP100 that a range buddy has, cool gun and would love to have one. I shot 2 rounds in the XP, and stacked the on top of his group at 200yds. Loved that firearm but they do have a limited use IMO. Guess that's why I've got a 6mmBR build in process now, but in rifle format. I've got 2 Contender G2 frames with 22lr barrels, and they are fun as well. Just don't shoot them enough tho. I should.

I van relate; I sold my 7mmBR XP-100 when I moved to Florida and didn't have a decent range to shoot it at; now I have moved to north FL and have several ranges that I wish I still had it.

Back