• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Board not caching message text

• Thread starter Thread starter BB
  • Start date Start date

BB

When I type a response in the message window, and hit submit, if I've forgoten to enter my password (or if the browser doesn't autocomplete the field for instance), then you get the "Sorry! you did not enter all the fields" message. Then I hit the back button and all my text is gone! No other boards running UBB do this, and it's very frustrating when you've typed out a long reply to just lose it all and have to start over. Makes me just say "screw it" and not post. Is there not a cache feature that can be inabled?

This response was published as follows:
1) I entered it with a bad password
2) I hit Submit and got an error message
3) I hit back and corrected my password (the text remained)
4) I hit Submit

Now, if it appears, I wonder if I should just say "screw it" everytime someone asks a question without properly researching it? ;)
Rich

Rich, unless I am misreading it, it looks as though when BB hits the back button his post is no longer there.
I can see how this would be frustrating. But would have to think that the problem is in his computer and not with TFL since the problem is, seemingly, isolated to him.
BB, I would suggest checking you own settings and in the mean time spend a few extra seconds to check your user info before clicking on submit.

Back