Bo - Mar Adjustable Sights For Carry?

Sam C

Thinking of having adjustable sights installed on my 1911. I really like Bo-Mars. If properly de-horned, are they a good carry sight? Are they rugged enough? Can tritium inserts be installed in them? Thanks for the advice, Sam

Yep! My carry gun has dehorned Bo-mars. If dehorned and carried properly, you'll never have to worry about snagging.

bomar.jpg

Hello. I never carried my Bomar-sighted 1911 or BHP before retiring from police service, but have toted both on many, many hunting trips (not at the same time). Certainly, they're not as "tough" as fixed sights, but I sure think that they're tougher than S&W adj revolver sights. While I have seen officers break those, I carried a S&W M19 for about 8 years with no problems. If you want to carry your Bomar-sighted pistol on your "carry" gun, I'll bet you have no problems.

Best.

I have bomars on two of my carry guns and have no problems. I have seen some broken in competition, but they had some help in blasting apart. I asked the same question of a reputable gunsmith, and he says in his career ( a couple of decades) he has seen maybe one or two bomars break, but has seen a bunch of copies broken. So I'd make sure it is a bomar.

Brownells carries a bomar tritium:
135-000-001 Tritium BMCS Sight $98.95
It looks like a bar under the notch. have also seen a modified one with two tubes on the sides of the notch.

I am happy with mine. I think you would be too.

Back