Blueing

shooter.45

Have a sig p228 I would like to reblue the slide it has a little wear on it is there a kit so I could do it myself??

Thanks
confused.gif

Shooter, there are several. If you are going to only touch up the areas where the slide shows wear then I'd recommend 44/40. If you plan to polish and blue the complete slide Oxpho-Blue will be better suited for this. Both are available from Brownells at www.brownells.com or from me gunsmith@spis.net. George

If it is just a few shiny spots on the corners I would simply use a cold bluing solution like Birchwood Casey's Perma Blue. Degrease the part and follow the instructions on the container, applying it only to the areas you want blued. If the surface area is larger, I would suggest either having it professionaly hot blued, or looking at some of the alternative finishes offered by Brownells (call 515-623-4000 for a catalog) they are also on the web, but I forget the URL.

G96 bluing paste comes in a tube and is (IMHO) superior to Birchwood Casey. Warming the surface to be blued helps a lot.

Jim

Back