Blue Label vs. Green Label ??

CMOS

I am looking at a few pre-ban rifles and would like opinions about the advantages and disadvantages of the "green" and "blue" label lowers.

Are the internal parts the same on the two? Ease of repair? Any reason I would want one vs. the other. (no intentions to convert to class III)

Comments please. (...we still can't go home...)

CMOS

Hey CMOS!

Duh?!...The blues are later than the greens, most of the time... With COLT, you never know... I threw away the crappy cardboard boxes for my COLTs, they were such eyesores and took up space... The older AR15s have a bayo lug. The line between the two colors is gray...some have sear blocks, some don't, some are marked AR15, some are not, etc. They all shoot the same, like a laser. I commend your choice of preban Colt, as it is the one and only, in my opinion! Regards, BigG :D

------------------
Yankee Doodle

While that was a colorful endorsement for Colt pre-bans.. I have been lead to believe that there is definitely more to the story.

I know there are some Colt Aficianadoes out there, so someone give CMOS and I the info.

(Meanwhile, CMOS, go check out a Bushmaster)

Hehehe Rob! What you didn't know is that COLT paid me to put up that "advertisement."

Seriously, that subject has been covered ad nauseum on AR15.com, with the best analysis, if my memory serves, provided by Curio Bob, who said something like, "Even Colt can't tell you what they built" They are a modern corporation and have no sense of continuity with the past. Many irreplacable records, lovingly maintained by a dedicated custodian for years, were probably thrown out during one of the continuous reorganizations, goings out of business, etc. that COLT has undergone over the years. It is a shame but, there it is.

The main difference is, blue label first omitted the bayo lug. Second, they put in the sear block (that piece of metal that sticks up out of the lower when you break the gun. Then they took off the name AR15 and called it "Sporter". There are thousands of other little things that they changed as the whim, or whatever, moved them. Even though this is dissatisfying, it's pretty close to how it is. BigG

------------------
Yankee Doodle

Back