"Blue Bags" for Rust Prevention

• Thread starter Thread starter JH
  • Start date Start date

JH

Bianchi used to make a product called a "Blue Bag" which emitted protective vapors to keep guns from rusting. Kleen Bore makes a similar product. Any information about these products and their effectiveness would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

I've used some of these. They seem to work as advertised. I've used the rifle and pistol sized bags. I tried them on a couple of guns I dont shoot much anymore that are in the back of the safe. I check them once or twice a year and they seem fine. I dont know if thats really a test for the bags though. The first set of bags I got were within the date on the bag (the bags are dated with an expire date on them), the last set I got were not. I didnt know they were still available as I havent seen them advertised by anyone for a while.

(I used the Blue Bags)

The bags use a version of Vapor Paper. This treated paper gives off a vapor that prevents rust. Ii think Brownell's sell it and the ready to use bags.

This is how the military now store weapons. They can take a firearm out of the bag, and it's ready to use without having to do a big degrease operation.

By all accounts, it's a really good storage system, maybe even better than the old Cosmoline.

Back