Bloomberg on McCain's 'Short List' for Running Mate

rogertc1

Oh Crap...
On Drudge it is posted that Bloomberg on McCain's 'Short List' for Running Mate.
If one votes Rep or Dem this year that would ensure the end of private gun ownership as we know it now.
Depressing.
Guess I'll go out and buy a gun today after work.

ROG

McCain is left enough already. He will destroy the chance he has, which was given to him on a golden platter by his moronic opposition in the DNC, by picking the likes of Bloomberg. Won't happen.

I will guess Fred Thompson. He is conservative enough to placate most of the right, and is already a good friend of McCain.

That's all right, McCain's already on my short list to chew broken glass before casting a vote for, so I don't give a darn who he picks for VP unless he pledges to jump out of an airplane without a parachute on January 21st of next year.

This surprise anyone? The guy is firmly convinced that we've got nowhere else to go, and no choice but to vote for him. And he's going to act on that conviction.

McCain is left enough already. He will destroy the chance he has, which was given to him on a golden platter by his moronic opposition in the DNC, by picking the likes of Bloomberg.

I am confused. If Bloomberg is McCain's running mate, are you saying you would vote for Obama instead?

McCain can do whatever he wants on his running mate, and conservatives will have to suck it up and vote for him. McCain knows his only chance is picking up moderates and those slightly left of center. He isn't trying to get conservative votes.

The short list

Not being a tall man, obviously McCain needs a "short list."

There is no way he could have a "tall list" for running mates.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Can't think of a worse running mate for Mc Cain, than Bloomberg. Talk about an anti-gun zealot. He brings nothing positive to McCains quest for the White House and lot of things negative.

I think he (Bloomberg) would be a much better running mate for Obama or Hillary, given their anti gun positions.

McCain's gonna have a tough enough time beating either Obama or Hillary without even considering someone like Bloomberg.

Why is it always leftism that's the side that gets sucked up to, presuming that more of the mythical middle is always more neocommunist inclined?

McCain can do whatever he wants on his running mate, and conservatives will have to suck it up and vote for him. McCain knows his only chance is picking up moderates and those slightly left of center. He isn't trying to get conservative votes.

If McCain pushes the base to hard it simply will not show up to vote or will vote third out of spite. That can sink him very easily in what may be a very close race.

not at all logical. Karl Rove showed in 2004 that in order to win an election, it is more effective to win over the base than to win over the undecided.

Bloomberg is pretty, pretty far away from the base. Additionally, he has done away with the GOP (only needing it to avoid a costly Dem NYC primary, i.e. like Guliani); such hubris won't go unpunished.

I'd love to punish Bloomberg, but how? Maybe organize a day for all of us at once to call the cable company and have the Bloomberg channel removed from our cable?

Both candidates need two specfic states to win.
Florida and Ohio.
Bloomberg is pretty much hated in both.
Drudge is a NYC guy. He can't see past the George Washington Bridge.

McCain isn't that stupid.
At least , I hope he isn't.

AFS

Can't think of a worse running mate for McCain, than Bloomberg. Talk about an anti-gun zealot.

Not to mention that the NRA is a big supporter of McCain and an avid voice against Bloomberg. If Bloomberg were to run on a ticket with McCain, I can't see the NRA continuing to support a ticket with an anti-gun, criminal zealot.

If the NRA did support it, I think it would certainly raise some issues on what the NRA really stands for.

Last edited:
Back