Blazer Brass??

Goodguy14

Hi all,
Been using winchester white box for regular FMJ 9mm range rounds. How does blazer brass compare to wwb? I noticed its a little cheaper than winchester.. Never used it though..
Thoughts???

Last edited:
What do you ean by " hold up". Are you asking if it explodes in your face? Your question doesn't make any sense without further explaining

I also would say Blazer Brass is quality ammunition.

(It's not really going out on a limb to say that.)

I shoot Blazer and WWB the most, out of the two I have had a couple dud primers in the WWB and none in the Blazer, and that is hundreds upon hundreds of rounds.

Also, from a reloader's standpoint, I love Blazer Brass.

Some companies seem to have tighter primer pockets and/or their brass cracks more frequently. I have found Blazer Brass to be great to reload as primers seat easily and I rarely find a cracked one.

The few times I have bought it and shot it, it has worked flawlessly.

ATK is a h-u-g-e conglomerate that owns Speer, Federal, Alliant, CCI and many other gun, ammunition, propellant, and firearm related companies.

Blazer Brass is CCI's low-cost target ammo product. It is a direct competitor and basically offers the same level of performance & quality as Winchester's "Made in USA" product that is well-known in gun circles as "WWB", or "Winchester White Box." Remington's competing product at this level is their "Remington UMC" product which comes in a green and white package.

Where you don't want to confuse your CCI Blazer Brass product is with the similarly named CCI Blazer product. The original CCI Blazer is typically priced even lower because they use a cheap, thin, less expensive aluminum cartridge case. There is no brass case, it is made of aluminum, and some folks have reported that it doesn't function nearly as well. (others have no issue with it)

It's easy to avoid confusion, even though the product name is so close. The Blazer Brass obviously uses proper brass cartridge cases. The CCI Blazer product does not.

Been using winchester white box for regular FMJ 9mm range rounds. How does blazer brass compare to wwb? I noticed its a little cheaper than winchester.. Never used it though..
Thoughts???

I buy it in preference to the regular Blazer aluminum, because it's reloadable. Never a problem with it.

Good Stuff

I have reloaded Blazer Brass and have purchased it new. In my opinion it is better than some of the other commercial loaded ammunition out there today.

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina.

I've shot a good deal of Blazer Brass in both 9mm and .45 ACP; found it good ammunition, accurate enough for practice and the cases are just fine for reloading. I try to buy from my local gun shop, a small operator, from time to time, just to throw him the business. He deals with all the Metro Louisville LEO's and has a sterling reputation...and for all that, deserves the business. He's within a buck or two of Wally World prices too.

Best regards, Rod.

Back