Blasphemy

justsomedude

Inactive
Ok, I own a stainless Ruger Old army 44 cal blackpowder revolver (the 7.5" barrel version). I love the thing but I'm just not happy with the grips. I don't shoot SASS CAS or anything like that so I don't need to keep the gun period-correct. I know this is basically going to get me flamed, but I feel like the grips themselves and the position the gun puts my hand in, plain sucks.
I looked around online for some alternate grips. I did find one place that had fingerswell grips ($65)

http://www.gunaccessories.com/ExcaliburWoodGrips/ruger/excaliburwoodgripsruger.asp

They sell the same part number for the vaquero and blackhawk so I guess the grips are interchangeable.

My questions are:
- has anyone seen any 'modern' grips for the Ruger Old Army? Maybe (god forbid) wrap around rubber finger groove grips?

-Is there another grip frame I can bolt on that isnt so...old timey??

(yes, I know I could just buy another gun but I dont want to :-P )

im not sure if they still exist but Lettgrip used to have a variety of Ruger type panels. They were closely allied with Ruger its own self. I recall complaining to a Ruger guy at an NRA show about the ugly pink grips they were using a the time and he had a minor intestinal explosion over it.
A real butthole, but I'm sure he had passed to his reward by now

im not sure if they still exist but Lettgrip used to have a variety of Ruger type panels. They were closely allied with Ruger its own self. I recall complaining to a Ruger guy at an NRA show about the ugly pink grips they were using a the time and he had a minor intestinal explosion over it.
A real butthole, but I'm sure he had passed to his reward by now

Grips for Ruger Black Powder

I, recently purchased a "59" Single Six with the black plastic grips and thought it would be good if it would match the "44" Super Blackhawk and "44" Vaquero that I have.
While checking out the "Forum" I read the same thing about Lett Grips. They have a Web site too. info@lettgrips.com
The phone #1-800-421-5388 was a real help also. Ruger does not carry a replacement for the older "3 screw frames" as I found out. The gentleman at Lett said they could make one for me at a small extra charge.
Give them a call.
Darrell E Nolden
[aka: Turf Cutter]

Grips for Ruger Black Powder

I, recently purchased a "59" Single Six with the black plastic grips and thought it would be good if it would match the "44" Super Blackhawk and "44" Vaquero that I have.
While checking out the "Forum" I read the same thing about Lett Grips. They have a Web site too. info@lettgrips.com
The phone #1-800-421-5388 was a real help also. Ruger does not carry a replacement for the older "3 screw frames" as I found out. The gentleman at Lett said they could make one for me at a small extra charge.
Give them a call.
Darrell E Nolden
[aka: Turf Cutter]

Back