blanks

toot44

question can I shoot regular reenacting blanks in my .303 rifle in a grenade launcher shooting tennis balls or do I have to use special ones.? any info appreciated.

I believe you should be fine. When I did soviet reenacting blanks are all I remember using on our rifle tennis ball launcher.

guys thanks for the feed back, I followed your advice and used ATLANTIC WALL .303 blanks, worked fine, thanks again.

If you could find .303 blanks they'd blow a tennis ball into next year. If CLC's "Soviet" blanks are 7.62 x 39, it ain't the same thing.

No these were 7.62x54r blanks and they will definitely launch a tennis ball a long distance. Op, just curious, you make a homemade launcher or are you a reenactor? The one I used was not mine but it was a simple pipe fitted to the end of a 91/30. Also got to play with the groups mortars.

BLANKS

I have been a reinactor since 1984. I did F&I, REV WAR, CIVIL WAR, WW1 & WW2. now in my 70,s I just play with my toys and shoot holes in paper.

If you reload you can drop 1o~15 Gr of pistol powder in a primed case & seal it with soap. Just push twist & pull.
Clean with hot water & the soap is in there anyway!
It'll fling a tennis ball about 75 yds or more.
Here's my No4 spigot type with its dual tennis ball discharger attachment!

(all pictures (C) Wogpotter 2014 & 2015)
DSCF1327_zps6dd5a9cd.jpg

GrenadeadapterM1A2_zps9706953b.jpg

DSCF1344_zps10d84a48.jpg

Back