blank firing pistol

genephillips

Inactive
how loud are blank firing guns in comparison with the real thing? i'm considering getting one in either 8mm or .380 caliber. i'm looking for something that realistically
simulates a real gun without the danger & legal hassle. any info would be appreciated.

Silly me. When i saw the post about blank firing guns, I came in here thinking you were talking about a kimber.

Ill just ease my way back out now.

------------------
TIM : )

I imagine that the blanks fired in blanks-only pistols are "loud enough". It doesn't take much powder to make a big bang.

What sort of use do you have in mind?

If you have been thinking of using the blank firing pistol as a defense. DONT It is kinda a bad idea to point something that looks like a gun at someone that has a real gun. Bullets beat blanks.

For stage use, the blank firing pistols are loud enough. The 8 m/m pistols on the market should require hearing protection for those around them.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Why?????????????? To scare off a would-be attacker, or to look like a badass? I hear ya' anyway but that S*&T can get you killed or arrested. It would be better lawfully to get caught with a real gun (licensed, of course)than to pull a fakie on someone. I don't mean to be sarcastic or sound hard, just curious. Try and get your license, the real thing is the best. As far as blank guns..... no clue. Shooting blanks must suck anyway :7(

C'mon guys maybe he just want something to shoot at 0000 1/1/2000 or for the gun of july or maybe a veterans funeral.

BTW I do agree that ican get you shot by anyone that feel threathen by it and the law will teat that blank firing gun just as if it was a real as far as displaying it in public.

Not a good idea against an armed attacker. Take a Self defense class or buy an ASP batton. I spend a lot of time abroad and rely only on my Aikido/Karate background and a Leatherman since the law overthere ( G.B. )does not allow anyone to carry concealed weapons of anykind, not even the LEOs.

------------------
"If enlightening beings practice mundane tolerance and thus do not stop evil people, allowing them to increase in evil and destroy true teaching, then these enlightening beings are actually devils, not enlightening beings"

Huisi
Tantai master

hi,
your best bet is Collector's Armory
Dept.30A
PO Box 59
Alexandria,VA 22313-0059
Phone:1-877-276-6879.
They stock blank firing copies of the Beretta 92F, 1911A1,Walther PPK, in 8mm and
the Python and the single action in 9mm blanks. I've fired the 8mm blanks and they are only marginally softer than the real thing(hearing protection rquired). The 9mm blanks are available in full as well as half loads which are a lot quieter.
You can find more sellers on the web just type in 'blank pistols' in MSN search engine.

For stage or dramatic use, purchase a specially made blank pistol which does not discharge any powder or wad to the front. These pistols propel the charge upward or to the side so there is no danger of burning or injuring the "victim". Further, most use a special blank that has a light (though noisy) charge. Use of regular blanks in a normal revolver is not recommended. Use of rifle or shotgun blanks is OUT! Military rifle blanks can be dangerous up to 20 feet, and shotgun blanks can put a wad through a door at 10.

Reworking or redesigning semi-auto or auto weapons to work with blanks should be left to the Hollywood crew; they have the experience and know what they are doing.

Jim

Back