Blackhawks, and Blackhawks.............

Bob Wright

Over the years my Blackhawks (and Super Blackhawks) have gone through a number of facelifts, or more correctly, framelifts.

Here a plain Jane stock .45 Colt Blackhawk. Well sort of:

Set up as a Super Blackhawk:

Set up as a Bisley:

Back to plain Blackhawks again:

Bob Wright

Back in 60s, I bought a used BLackhawk 357 that had brass SBH grip frame and had been blued. The original owner had that done to brand new gun. I got original grip frame with it and swapped it back before I traded off. I’ve only had a couple bisleys and like the grip but not new model Rugers. I just got a 45/8” SBH 44mg on trade this past weekend. BLackhawk grip frame, I like the dragoon grip of the SBH.

Over the years my Blackhawks (and Super Blackhawks) have gone through a number of facelifts, or more correctly, framelifts.

Here a plain Jane stock .45 Colt Blackhawk. Well sort of:

Set up as a Super Blackhawk:

Set up as a Bisley:

Back to plain Blackhawks again:

Bob Wright
Beautiful guns. Every American should own one. And built tough.

Here is my 357 convertible.

v2mihH6.jpg

Love it

Man I sure enjoy CCH, it's my favorite. Just love the look of older CCH guns, esp. double shotguns. The field wear just adds to the allure.

Pretty guns. All I have is a 5.5" SBH in 44 mag. My gun has the fluted cylinder and round trigger guard but is stamped Super Blackhawk. Its a good shooting pistol too. I was just looking at it and decided if I hunt this year thats what I'm going to hunt with.

I went and helped my bud skin the deer he shot yesterday. I always wait till he kills something before I hunt since its his land I hunt on. So I'm clear now. I have never killed a deer with a handgun so this should add a little challenge. The Blackhawk should do the job. I have some 240gr XTP's loaded up and the gun is sighted in.

I had a BH in 357 with 4" barrel. I really liked it and wish I still had it but it was just too heavy for the round it fired. I had both cylinders for it and I think I shot more 9mm than I did 357. But it was bank vault strong. It would be a lifetime gun.

I still have 4 of my BHs although many more have come and gone. They are two .45 Colts, one .41 mag and a .44 mag SBH.
My two pets, .45 Colts.
Digital-Still-Camera.jpg

My Ruger BH family.

I love me some Blackhawks. 45C, 44mag, 41mag, 357mag & 30carb. are all part of my collection. The ones pictured in this thread so far are good looking revolvers. I love Turnbull's color case work.

LeverGunFan asked:

Good looking Blackhawks! Who made the Bisley grips?

I apologize for the delay in response but I overlooked your question. Those grips were fancy walnut made by Lett when they supplied Ruger's factory grips. They are no longer in business, sad to say.

Bob Wright

I apologize for the delay in response but I overlooked your question. Those grips were fancy walnut made by Lett when they supplied Ruger's factory grips. They are no longer in business, sad to say.

Bob Wright
Thank you, those grips look excellent on your Blackhawk!

Back