BlackHawk Knoxx Specops Gen 3

mckeapc67

Inactive
Has anyone used the BlackHawk Knoxx Specops Gen 3 stock on a Rem 870?

If so, can you give me an idea of the recoil absorbing ability?

I'm considering this stock to mod an old 870 into a home defense shotgun. I'm hoping that the absorbing capability of this stock would make it more comfortable for my girls to use the 12 ga. rather than stepping down to a 20 or 410.

I have used Knoxx Spec ops stocks as well as their old Cop Stock folder.

Long story short:
They work for some folk, not all, and those they don't work for they are a flipping nightmare. I think they are less likely to work for folks with shorter arms.

Problem is, the Spec Ops stocks can, essentially, butt stroke your face. Kinda distracting and can be painful, more painful than getting whacked in the shoulder.

Also, the cheek weld, which is kinda contra-indicated due to the face-mashing mentioned above, can result in a bad / screwy sight line down the bbl.

In any case, I have seen many of them on sale used, so it shouldn't cost a lot to try out.

The folding Cop Stock works for me, as it is a bit different in design and it is a compromise I make for a smaller package while in its case.

Were I to get my wife ready for social shotgunning and I wanted a 12ga repeater, I would look hard at the Mesa Tactical products, to include their recoil-reducing product, which has better (if fewer) reviews than the Knoxx Spec Ops stocks. Fewer because it is a spendy bit of kit. But, now you are into "used 20ga Rem 870 express" territory, cost-wise.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and info.

I did see where the Gen II version was acclaimed for the "Cheek Slap". It looks like that may be a bit better in the Gen 3 design.

Any additional info from anyone?

Back