Blackhawk in 30 carbine

jjmorgan64

I need someone to talk me out of buying this. A local store has one for $250, and man does it look nice.

What can you guys tell me about this??

Thanks ahead of time

No dice.

Buy it. Quickly.

.30 carbine is a very underrated handgun round. The fun-factor FAR outweighs impractibility arguments.

The price is good, too.

Buy it!!

Shot one my dad had. Very sharp "CRACK!" when it fires - a distinct sound you can't really compare to anything else. Fun shooter; it's worth the price and then some.

Buy it....

Then sell it for a profit if it is original and nice.

That silly thing has no earthly use other than noise. It has plenty of that.

I was on the other side of a quarry when a guy set one off.
Holy smoke! Unreal.

Most of the powder burns outside the barrel so you have a tweener .357--.44 mag. either of which is better for a handgun cartridge.

Not much recoil, but that's because your ears are bleeding thru the muffs and your sinuses have registered an overload that dampens any signal from your hand.

Ruger doesn't make it anymore for a good reason.

Great price buy it! A buddy of mine has one, underrated handgun cartridge! LOTS of fun to shoot, at dusk it looked like a FLAMETHROWER!:cool:

Buy it, sell it at a profit & use the money to buy something practical.

Other than just to have one (a .30 handgun), I see no earthly reason for 'em to even be made. But that's just me & you said you wanted to be talked out of it.

Buy the Ruger .30 caliber carbine pistol-

I use to shoot with a fellow handgunner who had one many
years ago (back about 1970), and like other's have said, it's
got one helle'va muzzle blast. Still lots of militay surplus .30
cal ball type ammo available. The price is right; so go for it.
Makes for a dang good conversation piece, also.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Sound and Fury.
Cheap ammo.
Fun.

Considerably less punch than spicy .357mag but it has the "different" factor.

Sam

My uncle has one... all I can say is DO NOT BUY IT... instead, tell me exactly where it is, so I can go buy it...

I hope this is reason enough for you not to buy it, (so I CAN have it...)

Fat lotta help you guys were

that was a pretty poor job of talking me out of it ;)

I was $270 out the door with a box of UMC.

now i've just gotta get dies, a mold, ....

Thanks again.

Attachments

• dcp04260.jpg
    dcp04260.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 265
I one of these Bowen rear sights on my .30 Carbine Ruger. Congratulations on your purchase. This is a fun gun. Mine is very accurate. I have it at a smith right now getting a trigger job.
http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/parts.html

This does look interesting though and maybe I will try them on one of my other useless, impractical Blackhawks.

Now that you bought it.

The one's I've shot have run from accurate to extremely accurate. The blast is fearsome but not really too bad for the shooter with ear protection. People standing nearby get the full effect.

You're not supposed to kill deer with them but people do with some regularity. A friend heart shot a deer at 75 yards and the speer "plinker" went all the way through leaving a pretty big exit wound and wrecking the heart. Recoil is inconsequential.

You convinced me. I will try the "One Ragged Hole". They don't seem to have on-line ordering, so I will send for one tomorrow and let you know how it works out.

By the way. I have played around briefly with some different bullets in this gun. The Sierra 110 grain Varminteers really shoot. It brings a lot of comments when people see you stoking your single action revolver with spitzer bullets.

I'm ordering the "One Ragged Hole" tommorrow also going to put one on the Blackhawk and one on a friends Ruger MKII, hopefully i'll be able to give a report the same time as yours.

Shot the Blackhawk a couple times, whoever had it last had the sights way , way off I don't think they put over 2 boxes of ammo through it, sucker is clean.

It is a joy to shoot, I've never had a gun blind me with the flash out of the cylinder forcing cone gap before:) That's what i get for shooting in my basement i guess.

I Want One Too !

I've been thinking about getting one of these flamethrowers as well. I wonder what is better - my 3" 629 Mountain Backpacker, or my soon-to-be Ruger .30 Carbine Blackhawk.

Any Guesses?

Doesn't shooting in the basement tend to mess up the sheetrock and wake up the kids? :eek:
The "One Ragged Hole" sights look interesting, would like to hear more from someone who's used them.

Back