Blackhawk double long gun case

HKguy9

I'm thinking of letting my M1A Scout and future Benelli M1 Super 90 lie together. How is the protetion on the Blackhawk double long gun bags? Are they padded well (Haven't seen one in person) or will it allow the delicate scope to be knocked around?

Also, are they lockable (including the smaller pistol compartment)? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Daisy (my scout) needs a place to sleep.

I bought one of these last year at a gun show. The center panel doesn't go completely across so there's a small space where your guns -can- touch (and a small gouge in the stock of my Ruger 77 international where it and the magazine tube of my Win M94 -did- touch) I now solve that by putting one or the other gun in one of those silicone socks before putting them in the case. The zipper pulls are oversized and covered with rubber so they aren't lockable. The padding is adequate, I wouldn't drop this out of an aircraft and expect the scope to maintain zero but for mere mortals it should more than suffice.

Overall the case is very well made and I'd recommend it.

HTH

Rick

Back