Black-T Finish ?

Glocks&Sigs

Black-T,Does anyone know anything about this finish? I am considering it and would appreciate some insight. Thanks.

------------------
Give me liberty or give me death !!

Stay alive, shoot a .45 !!

I have had it on a P7M8 for the past 18 months. It is a very attractive flat black and looks like the matte finish on a Leopold scope. It is self lubricating and easy to clean. It has not been subjected to extensive holster wear so I don't know much about its durability. Birdsong service was excellent and turn-around time(3-4 weeks) and price(140.00 for pistol and 2 mags.) were reasonable.

Jeff

Had Black T put on my Glock slide. I use this gun for IDPA and IPSC matches so it sees alot of presentations from the holster. It started showing wear marks after about two months.

Would someone please E-mail a phone number, mailing address or URL for Birdsong to me please? Thanks in advance.

Ken

Ggnubr58kn@aol.com

Glocks&Sigs,

Sorry, didn't mean to jump claim your post, have been interested in finding an address for Birdsong for a little while and posted a request at another forum for contact info without luck. Would really appreciate it if someone could post info on how to contact Birdsong. Thanks.

No prob. I was just expressing my thanks to everyone who responded. I don't mind you inquiry under my thread. I would like to know the same info. about Birdsong myself.

------------------
Give me liberty or give me death !!

Stay alive, shoot a .45 !!

you can contact Walter at:
1435 Monterey Rd
Florence, MS 39073
601.939.7448 or

I've found Black T to be an excellent finish. 40,000 hours+ salt water corrosion resistance. The key to preserving the finish is to keep your holster clean.
HTH

Brownell's make a bake-on Teflon/Moly finish that I just used on a Garand. It looks fabulous and the entire job, from strip down to re-assembly took about 6 hours. If I remember correctly, it was about $25 and the can is supposed to be sufficient for 2 long guns or 4 hand guns. It comes in several flavours ... I bought the dark gray parkerize for my Garand.

Hope this helps.

If you call Walter, be prepared to talk for a while...or listen to him tell you how good Black-T is...

It IS a very good finish, though. I recommend it.

Back