Black Powder on sale

The only one I see that is a deal is their house brand "Reinactor" at $12.03 delivered ($300.84 for a 25lb case).

Graf's regular powder granulations come out to be $361.20 a case (of 25) delivered.

Kik from Powder Inc is $352.50 per case (any granulation), and I know it's graphite coated, and I like it as well as Goex for general purpose use.

Isn't Graf's just relabeled Kik, but not coated with graphite? I remember someone having a post about it a long time ago, but I'm not certain if that is right or not... Just need to call and ask them I guess. :)
Or am I thinking of Jack's Powder Keg? I know at least some of his are not coated, as I have a couple of pounds of it.

I may have to get some of their "Reinactor" and try it in some shotgun shells.

I'm always looking for the brand with the most smoke! :D

Grafs is relabeled Scheutzen and is an excellent powder. Depending on weather conditions, cleanup of my '73 Winchester in 44-40 after a CAS match takes about 4 patches & 5 - 10 minutes.

On the other hand, KIK is made in Kammik, Slovenia by Kemijska industrija Kamnik d.d. You can see where the initials "KIK" come from.

I have heard a lot of good things about it. A lot of the ml bench rest shooters are starting to use it instead of Swiss or when Swiss is not available.

On a KIK vs Scheutzen, it's really a toss up for me, but it *feels* to me that the KIK fouling seems a bit softer in my 24" to 30" barreled rifles, but I can't prove it- only opinion.

Is there a ANSI test to determine fouling hardness? :p :D :rolleyes:

I tried Shuetzen - very dirty powder compared to Goex. I could only load about 3 Wilkinson bullets using it before loading got excessively crunchy.

I'll never use Shuetzen again.

Steve

Back