Black powder in an Uberti 1860 Henry Rifle

Love that fire and smoke !!!

Just what I like, lots of fire and smoke. last week, I had the pleasure of holding an original Henry and what a treat. Low serial number and have been invited to shoot it at the collector's next range time ..... :)

By the way, that is one handy Henry shell catcher.. ....... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Don't know but can ask !!!

Wow, where does the collector get shootable .44 rimfire?
I can't say but if you want me to ask, I surely could and not a problem. .. :)

Be Safe !!!

I don't think anyone makes 44 Rimfire ammunition.

The modern 1860 Henry takes a 44 centerfire. Ammunition is not an issue with it.

But Pahoo said he had been invited to shoot the collector's original Henry.
Or do I not understand that post?

Uberti made a few close reproductions in .44 RF.

That's what the man said !!!

But Pahoo said he had been invited to shoot the collector's original Henry.
That's correct, along with some older Winchesters. We didn't set a date but that was the offer. .... :)

Again I ask, do you want me to get more info on his ammo? ..... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

Navy Arms .44Rim, flat nose.

Again I ask, do you want me to get more info on his ammo?
Okay, Y'all haven't asked but I made contact and the collector stated that the last issued Ammo that he is aware of, was made my Navy Arms. That is 44-Rim, flat nose. We may only shot once but we will be able to say that we shot a Henry. He stated that the ammo is rare but you can still b found. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Howdy

I have a few original 44 Henry Rimfire cartridges in my little cartridge collection. But they are too rare and expensive for me to be temped to shoot them, even if my Uberti Henry was chambered for them. Mine is 44-40, just like Mike's, but mine is the 'Iron Frame' version.

Henry07_zps6828738f.jpg

And I suspect just like Mike, other than the Italian proof rounds, mine has never seen anything except Black Powder.

BlackPowderCountryPond_zps09fc3a6f.jpg

Back