Black Powder Cannon

RLWII

Does anyone have information about this little jewel? .45 caliber, rifled barrel working cannon. The barrel is 7-1/2 inches. I can find plenty of scale model cannons on the net, but have never found one with a rifled barrel. Anyone???

Attachments

• 100_2686.jpg
    100_2686.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_2687.jpg
    100_2687.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 163
I believe it says "Diker Spain". I understand the manufacturer would be Diker (AKA Jukar ?) and place of manufacture would be Spain. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

My brother had one of those when we were in high school, we used to strap it down to a railroad base plate (otherwise it would flip end over end when fired) and fire lead balls. It was quite a bit of fun to mess with back then. The little carriage will not last long if you fire full loads, as I recall.

Definitely not a toy. I wonder if he still has that thing?

Nice looking naval model.
The rifled barrel is a puzzlement. I'll betcha the manufacturer simply used hunks of left over rifle barrel to make that. Rifled is not correct for period and style of cannon.

The rifled barrel is a puzzlement. I'll betcha the manufacturer simply used hunks of left over rifle barrel to make that. Rifled is not correct for period and style of cannon.

That is correct, but I'm willing to bet that import restrictions and firearms laws had more to do with why this little guy is rifled than historical accuracy. ;)

I can tell you I like it :). I made a poor mans version out of some metal tubing, a wood block, a pop rivet, and some other odds and ends. I use bottle rocket propellant and the everyday metal BBs like you use in a BB gun. Not as cool or fancy as the real deal, but still fun for when your bored :D.

Last edited:
Back