Black or green? …

Scott Evans

Staff Alumnus
Everything I make at the moment is Black.

Do you think there would be any interest in other colors? If so which ones and why?

Or is black the best all around? Which one below do you like best?

View
View

Love the green :-)

Scott,
I really like the OD...but after 27 years in the Army, I probably would bleed OD if cut ...

:D

Seriously, I think you'll find there is a bigger market for OD then you realized.

Jeff

I like the OD too, though I would not use it for everyday carry because it doesn't match anything. Now, if you also came out with a wilderrness tactical style belt in OD green, to go along with the holster, I would have to buy one.

BTW, what's up with the kydex holster, leather belt combination? Am I the only one who thinks it is inappropriate to hang anything but a piece of dead cow on a piece of dead cow? Kydex should hang from a nylon belt. Sheesh. :)

ACK you're killing me:D

Well ifin you have some green one's avaible I'll take a green holster/ammo pouch for a Glock 19:cool: Should look spiffy with my green BlackHawk belt.

Any plans to incorprate a sure fire flashlight/single mag ammo pouch combo?

Got to admit the leather belt looks really tacky, kydex should not be hung on leather ICK!!!!

MORE PICTURES:D

Ooh! Green, green!

As far as the kydex and leather...it's just WRONG, man! :D

Waiting for the lowered Glock 24 greenie!
[edit] Well...looks like I could get that already, with a drop kit and an 1102- but that would leave my muzzle exposed, and (again) that's just WRONG! ;)

Seriously, it looks like a well-though out system.

Why choose???

Do both! I'm about to get a P226 refinished, and I am thinking of a green frame and a black slide...really.

I only have enough green in house to make a few holsters so they are not actually being offered… yet. :) The point of posting the picture was to see if there was sufficient interest to justify a larger purchase and actually make the OD green a regular item. Response here so far seems to indicate more interest then I had expected but we shall see.

Some news …

I finished cutting the first left hand holster mold yesterday. We will be testing it tomorrow. If all goes well next week we will have left hand holsters for the Glock 20,21,30, 19,23,17,22, 36 & the 1911 models. I may need some beta testers (Erick … :-) I will keep ya posted.

Since you have a limited ammount of Green Kydex can I PLEASE be a guinea pig and purchase a GREEN test holster/ammo pouch for a right handed Glock-19:D :D

Iffin I get the privledge of being a guinea pig let me know how much I owe you for the holster and ammo pouch (hint hint hint):cool: I'll be away from the computer till Sunday at the soonest due to work (UGH) but never fear, if I get to be a lucky pig the money will be in the mail come Monday (begging and pleading)

Last edited:
not for me, thanks, but...

....green may be the cutting edge color. Look at Wilson's .45s and ARs. With the current crisis, there may be a bit of a "military" craze. Only time and sales figures will tell....
And by the way, those are quite good looking holsters, green or black.

what about tan?

Personally I'll vote for tans and other earthtones. I think a shade of brown similar to that in 3 color desert camo, but not so red, or inbetween the khaki and brown on woodland camo is a good color. Tans are neutral colors and blend in well with many envirionments and work well in urban settings. Tan also has the advantage of being a light color so if you needed to paint your gear it wont take so much work, and it wont show through as much if you have dirt from your envirionment on you. Also very important is that tan is way cooler looking than green =-)
-bill

If enough people want green models, I'll be happy to put together a group purchase so Scott can make a bunch of holsters in OD in whatever configurations needed. We already sell G-Code in OneStopKnifeShop.com so it wouldn't be a problem to add green models.

Kevin

Back