Black Guardian

tuckerdog1

Posted about this elsewhere, but wanted to share my happy story here. So I'm at a local pawn shop & spot a 1911 STI Guardian pistol. I'm interested, but there is a red flag that gives me pause. The grip is bobbed. I'm unaware of STI ever making a pistol with a bobbed grip. So I leave to do some online research about that grip. Then I discover The 1911 Guardian only came with a stainless steel slide. This gun has a blued slide. Now STI did make a 2011 Guardian with a blued slide. So I'm thinking somebody has Frankensteined this pistol together from parts off different guns and STI didn't actually make this. So I get the S/N from the pawn shop and call STI. Tell them my concerns and give them the S/N. The guy enters the S/N and there is a noticeable pause. " You say this gun is for sale? Where? " I just told him a local pawn shop & he does a low groan. He verifies the gun is one of theirs. Was a limited run of about 50 that they called the Black Guardian. Per the S/N, this one was purchased by a STI employee. So I blast down to the pawn shop and grab it up. Must have been carried, because there is a little holster wear. But I expect I'll not see another for sale.

Tuckerdog1

Attachments

• STI Black Guardian.jpg
    STI Black Guardian.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 62
Back