Black Friday & New BP Pistol

zipspyder

I've been trying to keep up with the black Friday deals but havn't really seen deals for BP pistols. Since I'm purchasing are their usually any pistol deals on or around BF? I'm specifically looking for a colt 1860 army in a steel frame. Plane on getting a conversion cylinder as well. Any info or links to deals would be greatly appreciated!

Cabela's usually sells brass framed 1851's for under $200. I don't see any sales in their ad for Black Friday this year tho.

Which is fine because they have good sales on steel frame bp guns in March/April. They'll also have sales throughout the year, so you really have to keep and eye on their website.

I'm hoping the 36 cal steel frame 1851 Pietta goes on sale with free shipping.

The flyer I see online shows the 1851 Navy for $149 to $179. Pretty sure the # $179 one will be the steel frame. Not sure it's the .36 though.

Edit: I am wrong. It's only the .44s apparently.

Not seeing the 60 either. Keeping my fingers crossed on the 36 - 1851. Though a 44 would still be tempting.

The only 51 Navy that Cabela's carries in .36 is the steel frame model and in the three years I've watched Black Friday, I have never seen Cabela's sell steel frame cap and ball revolvers for sale.

They used to have good sales before Bass Pro bought them out. Have not seen any sub-$200 deals on steel framed ones since then.

Steve

They frequently have the steel frame 1860 on sale. I agree I've never seen a steel frame 1851 on sale.
Last year in October. They had the .36 models on sale for $200, on top of that there was an online deal for free shipping and 10% off, so of course I used a gift card and brought that down to $80 total.

Which is about what any Colt repros should be sold for because you can't hit spit with them.

Maillemaker is probably right about sales since Bass Pro bought them out as I haven't seen any. I really haven't been buying stuff from Cabelas since Bass Pro bought them too, been buying more from Midway lately, but that's because they actually have the brass and bullets I want for reloading and at good prices.

The Cabela's ad I got in the mail said the sale prices were good Nov 22 - 29, and I have a $200 Cabela's gift card in my wallet, so I've been waiting for the on line prices to show the details.

Cabela's online sale prices for 1851 .44s are posted now.

If you've been waiting for a Pietta 1851 steel frame in .44, the are marked way down at Cabela's online website now. The brassers are also. The .36 is not on sale, and the 1860 doesn't appear to be either. If you've been waiting for an 1851 in .36 caliber, you might try calling Cabela's and see if a manager can approve the sale price for it. Has worked for me in the past.

Brass 1860's and or steel 1851 deals are easy to find. Looks like if I want a 1860 in steel it's going to be upwards of $300+ with shipping. The 1851 below is a good deal but the reviews are kind of iffy, although there are only two.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/black-powder/black-powder-revolvers/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/567338580/pietta-navy-steel-cal-bp-revolver/2359036.uts?slotId=3

PS: I did a quick search and it doesn't look like there are any conversion cylinders available for it?

Looks like if I want a 1860 in steel it's going to be upwards of $300+ with shipping.

The Cabela's sale magazine I got yesterday does show the 1860 steel frame at $209 (-$70 from usual price). You may just have to go to a Cabela's store to get it though. Or, call Cabela's and see what they'll do!

The $209 price for the Pietta 1860 at Cabela's came out on this mornings online ad. That's the sale price reduced from $279. It was still listed at the store for $279, but they changed the pricing to match the online pricing. I did pick one up.

Back