Black Coyote

Win73

I got this picture of a black coyote on my trail camera. Anybody else ever seen one?

1208240723BlackCoyotes.jpg

There was one that I would see on a regular basis living about 5 miles from here. No hunting in the area, though. Too close to houses.

They have one mounted on display at the Clemson, SC DNR Office. It's a beautiful animal, and a very nicely done mount. Would love to see one in the woods. Might end up MY mount. :D

I normally let coyotes I kill rot in the woods. Don't like touching them at all.:mad: Hides are only worth about $20.00. I wouldn't skin one if you paid me twice that.
But, that one, might just end up skinned and mounted. ;)

I live about 20 mi. from Clemson and I see them on a regular basis. Maybe they're more common here than in other places. I've killed one myself and I've heard other people talk about them too so I know they aren't rare.

Nice! I have seen other game cam pics but never in person!
That would make a nice trophy!
Good luck!

I've seen a couple down between Cuauhtemoc and Guachochi, MX. But I only recall seeing one up here somewhere around the Neb/Ks line. Kinda cool lookin critters with their winter coats- for being biodegradable pop-up targets.

Yep I have, killed a pretty nice one last winter but shot it with a 308 was going to mount it but it messed him up pretty bad,try to find the pics.Have seen 2or 3 sence then just below Athens GA.

Back