Black Bear Russian ammo. Something new?

I would have to be pretty desperate to put steel-cased ammo in any rifle of mine. Why would anyone run the cheapest imported ammo they can find, in a rifle they paid so much for?

"...repackaged Wolf..." Barnaul. Says so on the Lucky Gunner page. Berdan primed and not reloadable. If you're not reloading you must try a box of as many brands as you can to find the ammo your rifle shoots best, not just the cheap low end stuff. Mind you, the price of the ammo means nothing.
Suspect the brass jacket is wrong.

How many things that were Russian made, that is superior to US made. Other than possibly there vodka I can't think of anything else.

Haven't purchased factory ammo in several years but I use to shoot lots of brown and silver bear in a Savage axis 308. Even took a deer with the silver bear 147gr soft point. Worked great but for that price I can load my own match ammo that is sub half moa .

Why would anyone run the cheapest imported ammo they can find, in a rifle they paid so much for?

Because there’s nothing ‘wrong’ with steel-cased ammo.

The problem isn’t the steel case, the problem is the bi-metal bullet.

And it would seem some ammo manufacturers have gotten the message about bi-metal bullets.

Back