Bitten by an Anaconda

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Guys, I need help. I've been bitten by an Anaconda!

There is a chrome .44Magnum Colt Anaconda for sale. It is just slightly used for $500 bucks and the best trigger I have ever felt in my life.

It wont let go of me. I've even been browsing .44 mag balistic tables and checking out holster options for the big snake.

What are the pros and cons of the Anaconda and how is that price?

If I land a job soon I will snake it... I mean BUY it. If I don't... I just might have to trade my Springfield in on it.

Fine, fine weapon...

not much for a concealed unit! :D but a halluva gun! I think you need one... (Don't we all?)

Enjoy, and don't let anyone suck out the venom from THAT bite! ;)

More than likely...

...it was polished stainless, George. Real purty guns; although compared to N-frames, I'm unimpressed. ;)

You want a .44? Getchoo wunna dese:

629snub1.jpg

:D

Dump the 1911. You can have bore size AND respectable velocity with the .44mag...you know the truth...the 45ACP is such a low pressure round...it's just not for you...you should never have a weapon that fires a slug so slow you can SEE it...you need a handgun with a power level that encroaches on the realm of the rifle, not the realm of black powder pistols...sell the 1911...the .44mag is the answer...you can carry it concealed, trust me, I pack one every day...so accurate, such range...you know what Saint Cooper would say...forget the .357 vs .45 vs .40 nonsense, skip to the final answer...the .44 mag is a gigantic messanger of death...there are speedloaders for it, you know...the 1911 is more of a back-up peice really, not a primary sidearm...you need an epic and vulgar carry peice, that's what a .44mag is...

(Or set your 1911 up for running .45super)

No... I'm going to keep the 1911. For an automatic, it is the best there is. And I will indeed set it up for .45 Super.

But a roundgun in a .44 Magnum is really calling to me. I can't explain it. Especially a large framed and short barreled one.

Tam has mentioned that the Anaconda's lockwork has some issues. I'm not familiar with these revolvers at all.
Is this the only downside to the Colt? :confused:

I looked at a Smith today. I looked like a Mountain model, but had a solid unfluted cylinder. Totally bad-arse.

If I get a job soon - I'll go get it. :(

I shot a buddy's Anaconda once, a couple of years ago. I pointed it downrange, put my finger on the trigger, started to aim, and BOOM, it went off. My buddy warned me it had a light trigger, but man, I was not prepared for anything that light. I have never shot a factory gun with anything remotely approaching the lightness of that trigger. As far as I remember, it was a very functional and accurate gun, but what really stands out is the one and only trigger I was actually afraid of, because the pull was just too light.

Steely, you'd have a ball with my target guns, little n big bore all are like that.

Mind over matter, think off.

Sam

nice guns....

I shot an anaconda only once, a guy I see at he range alot has a 6 or 6-1/2" - not sure which.. we were shooting each others guns, and I shot his anaconda. I shoot all DA's in DA of course, and the trigger on the colt was really nice..I was pleasantly surprised. Even though I was only shooting at a 15 yard target, I shot one ragged hole. The big Colt shoots as well as my 629 Classic, and I would like to have one. If I found one for that price, I'd grab it. BTW, what is the barrel length of the one you are looking at?

Back