Bipods?

sourdough1938

I have never used a bipod but am thinking of getting one, since my old hands and eyes are starting to cause me problems. Mostly I would be using the rifle at a range or for plinking. Do they make a model that can be used on a wooden stocked rifle?
Thanks for any info. Sourdough1938

wes you can get ones that you unscrew the front sling swivel and use that or they make universal ones that clamp the barrel. I prefer the sling swivel mounted ones

I really do not want to attach anything to my barrel except sights so I guess it is the ones that attach to the stock. What are some of the brands and approximate costs?

im trying to remember as its been years since I looked at them. I think harris was one of them but im sure brownells or midway will have a bunch.

Theres so many Harris copys and other types on the market , just stop by most big box retailers or shooting supply / gun shops and pick one out . I like the type that fasten onto the sling stud for bolt actions and the Grip Pod for mini 14's and AR'S .

If you can find about $100 get a Harris. Most people I know won't settle for anything less (me either).

If you can't get $100 together, buy any brand you want. But you will wish you had bought the Harris at some point.

I might have been wrong about GG&G having the best bipod.

Check out the Atlas bipods, which seems to be a favorite.

thanks for all the input. I am doing my research and hopefully will decide soon. I am leaning toward the bullbag.
Again thanks, sourdough 1938

I picked up a GG&G Extreme Duty Swivel Standard Bipod last month for my m1a. I really like it in there. I haven't shot with it yet but I'll try to remember to report back once I do.

Back