BIPODS,HARD REST,SAND BAGS,ect...

lilbro

Inactive
FORGIVE me its my first time!(haha)My question is wwhich do you find better for long target shots and why? i shoot from bipod.

I like the Parker-Hale bi-pod that came with my rifle. It stays on the rifle most of the time so I might as well shoot with it!

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

I would stick with your bipod. It's portable! I believe the only added benefit of a pad or rest would be minor recoil reduction. Not that big of a deal...and they are a pain to lug around. Besides, don't you think bipods look spicy?? I do!

Hueco

If the ultimate accuracy is your object then don't use a bipod. It will work fairly well but is not the best way to shoot because you won't shoulder the weapon the same way every time and it won't drag back the same way every shot.. That is the reason the Marine scout snipers shoot off a padded ammo can. I personally like a pedestal front and a set of rabbit ear rear bags for prone just like you were going to use it on a bench. Always keep the bags powdered to make them slid the same every shot. Now having said all that I will say that bipod are much more convenient and when it is only a prairie dogs life at stake I will use a bipod

Best way is over a pack filled with whatever stuff you need for the gun and to make life tolerable when you're out shooting. At the range, I generally use a bipod with my bolt guns. The self-loaders have to make do with their slings (except the SR9--light bipod).

thanks for the info ill try it all except the rock (not many rocks in louisiana)but i do like the awnsers! lilbro

A bipod is convenient but has disadvantages, one of which being the inonsistent return to NPA. Other options can be preferable.

Back