Bipod/ rear "rabbit ear" bag combo?

Rainbow Six

I am looking for a good "rabbit ear" bag to use for elevation when shooting from a bipod in both practice and tactical situations. I want it to be big enough to provide some stability but I want to be able to reach around it with my hand so I can "squeeze" for elevation adjustment instead of having to "fluff" the bag. I would also prefer a soft suede(sp?) instead of smooth leather if available.

Can any of you recommend a rear bag that would match my requirements and maybe be more suited to tactical duty than benchrest use? It's hard to tell much about them when viewing the small pics, if any, in the catalogs.

FWIW, I am currently using a Harris "BR" short bipod.

------------------
The Glock freak formerly known as Chris...

No ideas? Hmmmmm. Guess I might have to have something custom made.

------------------

Try using a heavy wool sock filled with
Silica sand to 3/4 full. This will give goos
support to the rear of the stock, allow you to adjust via hand pressure, and be portable, in your coat or pack, with very little bulk.

Try the Brownells catalog, they have all manner and description of bags for front and rear including bunny ears, short bunny ears etc. They have a web-site too.

Hi, Rainbow! I was looking exactly for the same thing, and finally decided to have one done for me (anybody who knows something about leather can do it) just the way I wanted. I can tell you it works perfectly!! Once you get used to the position you can shoot almost as well as on a heavy bench rest with lots of sand bags around. Please do post here if you can find a good one.

Ruben,

I may have something "in the works". I'll post info and pics if it comes through. :)

I'll also look into the other suggestions. Thanks to everyone.

------------------

Back