Bipod on your AR: what did you install?

TXAZ

I’m looking for a bipod for a new AR and wondering what you’ve installed and if you like it.

I put a Harris clone on my AR....I like it pretty good...6-9"... It has 1" increments and it swivels with a tension lever

I will say it works good....but my gun was sighted in off of a shooting bag and when I put the bipod on it it shifted the zero pretty good....almost 4" low and about 3" right.....yep that's what it did going from a bag where the rifle was fully supported to bipod with a small bag under the grip.....just something to maybe be watching for

But I do like the bipod...its always with the gun...less to move around

YMMV

Ocharry

not sure if it has a brand,,,it is set up for a swivel stud,,so i got a quick change adapter to go from stud to pic rail for it so it comes on and off pretty easy

i guess you could spend the money for a name if you wanted to,,,i wasnt sure i would like it so i went to ebay and picked one that had the swivel and the lever like the harris,,,think it was $20-25 bucks,,,it is a pretty good clone,,,and an adapter for the quick off for about $10,,,

you can probably find one for a pic rail quick change but i have other guns that i could use this on if i wanted too so it works for me

from a bench the 6-9 is pretty good,,,in the field you may want the next size up,,,,think it is 9-11 or 12,,,something like that,,,,this one is a little short prone on the ground,,,,but it is workable,,,if that was how i was going to use it all the time i would want the taller one

ocharry

Back