Bipod on Stevens 200 question...

fourrobert13

A question for you guys that have bipods on your Stevens 200 rifles. I have read on other forums that the factory stock isn't strong enough to support the use of a bipod on these rifles. Wether or not is true, I would like to hear opinions from the guys that are using bipods. I am looking at getting a Harris bipod for mine and just really want to know if my stock will hold up to it.

Thanks in advance.

Damn, wish I could chime in. I never fired my Stevens 200 .308 with the OEM stock + bipod. I promptly replaced it with a sniper stock, which I have mounted a bipod on and will be firing it for the first time this weekend.

I never did hear anything against doing so with the OEM stock though.

I have a bipod on a Savage 12 (same stock), and it shoots fine. Those stocks definitely leave some things to be desired, but they're not as fragile as some make them out to be.

Not a Savage stock but I pulled the sling stud out of a Butler Creek stock using a bi-pod. I just filled the hole back up with JB Weld and put the stud back in the hole. It never pulled out again and used the rifle with a bi-pod for about 10 years before I restocked the rifle again.

I have a bipod on a Savage 12 (same stock), and it shoots fine. Those stocks definitely leave some things to be desired, but they're not as fragile as some make them out to be.

That makes me feel better.:D

Back